With premium frame quality and only the best components, the Borealis Flume offers the best value on the market. This expedition-ready fatty mirrors the Crestone geometry, but does so in lightweight, 6000-series aluminum. Up mountains, down glaciers, and across deserts - the Flume is ready for action. There are all kinds of alloy fat bikes on the market, but none with the Flume’s purebred heritage and durability.
- Standard features include: SRAM Eagle NX 12-Speed drivetrain, SRAM Level T brakes, rigid carbon fork, carbon handlebars, carbon seat post, durable Sun Ringle Mulefüt rims and your choice of tires.
- Frame geometry provides responsive handling, offering maximum control for varying conditions in snow or sand.
- Tire clearance up to 26x5” and 27.5x4.5”.
- Compatibility for 100-120mm of suspension travel for increased comfort and control.
- Lightweight, 6000-series aluminum frame comes with 2-3 bottle cage mounts, rear rack mounts on seat stays and Lizard Skin protectors on both the down tube and drive-side chain stay.
- Rockshox Bluto Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4”
- Mastodon Pro EXT Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4.5”
- Borealis Rigid Carbon Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4.5”
- Dually 29x45 and 27.5x45 Rims – Max tire width: 3”
- All rims 65mm to 85mm wide are compatible with tire widths of 3.8” to 5”
- HED Carbon 100mm Rims – Max tire width of 4.8”
If you choose "No Assembly" your bike will require complete assembly with an exception of the wheels.
If you choose "Assembled by Borealis", there is some assembly required upon receipt. Your bike will be completely assembled and tuned by Borealis, then partially disassembled for shipment. The remaining assembly will require installation of the rear derailleur, chain, fork, seat post, wheels, and handlebars. A multi-tool will be included with your order that has all tools necessary to assemble the bike, with the exception of a torque wrench. If you are not familiar with this level of assembly, we recommend having your local bike shop complete the assembly. Below is a video showing the remaining assembly once you receive the bike.
WHEELS & TIRES
- All bikes come standard with tubes.
- If you order rim tape with your Mulefut rims, we will tape the rims and install the tires with tubes.
- HED Alloy and HED Carbon rims do not require rim tape for tubeless set up.
- Tubes must be removed and tubeless valves installed for tubeless set up. We recommended to have this completed by a professional bicycle mechanic.
|Eagle NX||Eagle GX||Eagle X01||Eagle XX1|
|Crankset||SRAM Eagle NX||SRAM Eagle GX||SRAM Eagle X01||SRAM Eagle XX1|
|Crank Arms||175mm Alloy||175 Alloy||175mm Carbon||175mm Carbon|
|Rear Derailleur||RD ENX 1 x 12||RD EGX 1 x 12||RD EXO 1 x 12||RD EXX 1 x 12|
|Chain||KMC X12||KMC X12
|Cassette||PG 1230 11-50||XG 1275 10-52||XG 1295 10-52||XG 1299 10-50 Gold|
|Shifters||SRAM Eagle NX||SRAM Eagle GX||SRAM Eagle X01||SRAM Eagle XX1|
|Brakes||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select|
|Chain Ring||SRAM 30T X-Sync|
|Frame||Borealis Flume Alloy|
|Fork||Borealis Carbon Rigid Fork|
|Hubs||Borealis: Front 15×150 Rear 12×197|
|Rims||26" or 27.5" Sun Ringle Mulefut V2
|Spokes||Borealis Straight Gauge|
|Nipples||Borealis Silver Brass|
|Bar||RaceFace Next SL Carbon|
|Stem||Borealis 50mm or 70mm|
|Post||RaceFace Next SL Carbon 31.6|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB 100mm|
|DT/CS Protector||Lizard Skins|
|Weight||See weight calculator for estimated weight.|
Based on our research, riders at the heights below will usually take the corresponding frame size. If you’re at a transitional height that spans two sizes, look at the geometry chart to get the Stack and Reach you like based on other bikes you are comfortable.
Borealis offers four frame designs with unique fit and geometry to suit your every Fat Bike need. Begin by taking a rough size approximation on the chart below that is based on height, then select the corresponding bike with your fit needs by using the geometry chart further below. We recommend a similar fit to you mountain bike, so grab a measuring tape and dial it in.
|EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE||585 mm||610 mm||630 mm||650 mm|
|SEAT TUBE CENTER TO TOP||381 mm||432 mm||484 mm||534 mm|
|HEAD TUBE||105 mm||120 mm||135 mm||150 mm|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg|
|STANDOVER HEIGHT||Varies based on wheel and tire size|
|CHAINSTAY||455 mm||455 mm||455 mm||455 mm|
|BB DROP||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm|
|REACH||407 mm||423 mm||438 mm||451 mm|
|STACK||597 mm||611 mm||625 mm||639 mm|