- Rockshox Bluto Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4”
- Mastodon Pro EXT Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4.5”
- Borealis Rigid Carbon Fork tire size limitations: 26x5” or 27.5x4.5”
- Dually 29x45 and 27.5x45 Rims – Max tire width: 3”
- All rims 65mm to 85mm wide are compatible with tire widths of 3.8” to 5”
- HED Carbon 100mm Rims – Max tire width of 4.6”
If you choose "No Assembly" your bike will require complete assembly with an exception of the wheels.
If you choose "Assembled by Borealis", there is some assembly required upon receipt. Your bike will be completely assembled and tuned by Borealis, then partially disassembled for shipment. The remaining assembly will require installation of the rear derailleur, chain, fork, seat post, wheels, and handlebars. A multi-tool will be included with your order that has all tools necessary to assemble the bike, with the exception of a torque wrench. If you are not familiar with this level of assembly, we recommend having your local bike shop complete the assembly. Below is a video showing the remaining assembly once you receive the bike.
WHEELS & TIRES
- All bikes come standard with tubes.
- If you order rim tape with your Mulefut rims, we will tape the rims and install the tires with tubes.
- HED Alloy and HED Carbon rims do not require rim tape for tubeless set up.
- Tubes must be removed and tubeless valves installed for tubeless set up. We recommended to have this completed by a professional bicycle mechanic.
Based on our research, riders at the heights below will usually take the corresponding frame size. If you’re at a transitional height that spans two sizes, look at the geometry chart to get the Stack and Reach you like based on other bikes you are comfortable.
|Eagle NX||Eagle GX||Eagle X01||Eagle XX|
|Crankset||SRAM Eagle NX||SRAM Eagle GX||SRAM Eagle X01||SRAM Eagle XX|
|Crank Arms||175mm Alloy||175 Alloy||175mm Carbon||175mm Carbon|
|Rear Derailleur||RD ENX 1 x 12||RD EGX 1 x 12||RD EXO 1 x 12||RD EXX 1 x 12|
|Chain||KMC X12||KMC X12
|Cassette||PG 1230 11-50||XG 1275 10-52||XG 1295 10-52||XG 1299 10-50 Gold|
|Shifter||SRAM Eagle NX||SRAM Eagle GX||SRAM Eagle X01||SRAM Eagle XX1|
|Brakes||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select||SRAM - Select|
|Chain Ring||SRAM 30T X-Sync|
|Frame||Borealis Crestone Carbon|
|Fork||Borealis Carbon Rigid Fork|
|Hubs||Borealis: Front 15×150 Rear 12×197|
|Rims||26" or 27.5" Sun Ringle Mulefut V2
|Spokes||Borealis Straight Gauge|
|Nipples||Borealis Silver Brass|
|Bar||RaceFace Next SL Carbon|
|Stem||Borealis 50mm or 70mm|
|Post||RaceFace Next SL Carbon 31.6|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB 100mm|
|DT/CS Protector||Lizard Skins|
|Weight||See weight calculator for estimated weight.|
Stack and Reach are the fundamental fit elements, they are both measured relative to the bottom bracket. When choosing the Borealis that is right for you, it’s important to find a balance in these measurements to ensure the best performance.
|EFFECTIVE TOP TUBE||585 mm||610 mm||630 mm||650 mm|
|SEAT TUBE CENTER TO TOP||381 mm||432 mm||484 mm||534 mm|
|HEAD TUBE||105 mm||120 mm||135 mm||150 mm|
|SEAT TUBE ANGLE||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg||73 deg|
|HEAD TUBE ANGLE||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg||70 deg|
|STANDOVER HEIGHT||Varies based on wheel and tire size|
|CHAINSTAY||459 mm||459 mm||459 mm||459 mm|
|BB DROP||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm||60 mm|
|REACH||407 mm||423 mm||438 mm||451 mm|
|STACK||597 mm||611 mm||625 mm||639 mm|