Introducing the all-new Keystone Electric Fat Tire Bike. Since 2013, Borealis has specialized in lightweight, high end fat bikes. The Keystone is our first ever Class I electric bike. The frame geometry is optimized for riding just about anything with clearance for up to 5” wide tires. Paired with the most technically advanced components in the industry, the Keystone sets the standard for premium quality Electric fat bikes.
- Color: Gunmetal Grey with Cobalt Blue Graphics
- Weight: 56 lbs. as shown.
- Standard features include Shimano EP8 Drive Unit, Shimano 630Wh Battery, SRAM G2 RS brakes, Mastodon Pro EXT 120mm suspension fork, carbon handlebars, dropper seat post, durable Sun Ringle Mulefüt rims and your choice of tires.
- Frame geometry provides responsive handling, offering maximum control for varying conditions in snow or sand.
- Tire clearance up to 26x5” and 27.5x4.5”.
- Lightweight, 6000 series aluminum frame comes with internally routed cables, 1-2 bottle cage mounts and lizard skin protection.
- Keystone Frames are backed by our LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY.
Some assembly required upon receipt. Your bike will be completely assembled and tuned by Borealis, then partially disassembled for shipment. The remaining assembly will require installation of the rear derailleur, chain, fork, seat post, wheels, and handlebars. A kit will be included with your order that has all the necessary tools assemble your bike, including a multi-tool, torque wrench, and shock pump. If you are not familiar with this level of assembly, we recommend having your local bike shop complete the assembly.
Stay tuned for our step-by-step assembly video.
WHEELS AND TIRES
- All bikes come standard with tubes.
- If you order rim tape with your Mulefut rims, we will tape the rims and install the tires with tubes.
- Tubes must be removed and tubeless valves installed for tubeless set up. We recommended to have this completed by a professional bicycle mechanic.
|Frame||Borealis Keystone Aluminum 15", 17", 19", 21"|
|Drive Unit||Shimano DU-EP800|
|Battery||Shimano BT-E8036 (630Wh)|
|Assist Switch||Shimano SW-EM800L|
|Speed Sensor||Shimano EWSS300L540A|
|Fork||Manitou Mastodon PRO EXT 120mm, 51mm offset|
|Headset||FSA w/ Star Nut|
|Saddle||WTB Volt Medium Steel|
|Seat Collar||Borealis Bolt-On|
|Seatpost||KS Lev Integra 125mm (SM, MD) / 150mm (LG, XL)|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 RS|
|Rotors||SRAM HS2 200mm front / 180mm rear|
|Shifter||SRAM AXS Pod Contoller Right Bridge w/ MMX Clamp for GX Eagle Transmission|
|Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle Transmission Derailleur|
|Cassette||SRAM GX Eagle Transmission Cassette 10-52T|
|Chain||SRAM GX Eagle Transmission Flattop Chain|
|Crank Arms||Samox 170mm|
|Chainring Mount||Samox 104 BCD for 75mm chainline|
|Chainring||SRAM Eagle Transmission E-Bike MTB Chainring 104 BCD 36T Steel|
|Rims||Your choice of SunRingle Mulefüt SL - 26x80, 27.5x80, or 27.5x65|
|Spokes||Straight Gauge 2.0 Black|
|Hubs||Borealis Gen 4 15x150 / 12x197|
|Tires||Your choice. All tire options are listed online.|
|Included||Shimano ECE80042 Battery Charger, AXS Power Pack, Kickstand, UDH Hanger, Key for battery release, Borealis Rear Thru Axle, Remote Battery Charging Adapter|
|Weight||Size Medium w/ Mulefut 27.5x80 & Terrene Yippee Ki Yay 4.3" Tires: 56 lbs.|
|Wheel / Tire Size||26 x 3.8–5.0" on up to a 100mm rim / 27.5 x 2.8-4.5 on up to a 82mm rim / 29 x 2.25–3.0|
|Susp Fork Travel||120mm|
|Dropper Compatible||Internal - 125mm for SM & MD / 150mm for LG & XL|
|Front Derailleur Type||Not Compatible|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano EP8|
|Crankset (Max Ring)||Chainline 75mm / 1x (38t)|
|Rear Brake (Rotor)||74mm post (160–180mm)|
|Rear Spacing||197 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Rear Axle||ø12 x 222L, TP= 1.0, TL = 16|
|Derailleur Hanger||SRAM UDH|
|Bottle Mount||Small & Medium: 1 (downtube) / Large & XL: 2 (downtube & seatube)|
|Rear Rack Reccomendation||Old Man Mountain Divide Fat|
|Rear Rack Mounts, Upper||Yes|
|Axle to Crown||531mm|
|Steerer Tube Size||28.6mm|
|Crown Seat Diameter||40mm|
|Small 15"||Medium 17"||Large 19"||X-Large 21"|
|Effective Top Tube||630||645||660||665|
|Seat Tube Center to Top||381||432||482||533|
|Head Tube Length||160||160||175||190|
|Head Tube Angle||69°||69°||69°||69°|
|Seat Tube Angle||73°||73°||73°||73°|
|Standover Height||varies based on wheel and tire size|